Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Favorite Children's Book



   My favorite book as a child was the The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. I enjoyed this book because as a child it was easy for me to read by myself. I remember the book first sparked my interest because it had many bright colors and fun pictures. I also thought it was hilarious that the caterpillar was eating so much and every time you flipped the page he seemed to be eating even more! As a child, I would have loved if my mother would just let me eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted so reading about a caterpillar that did was like making my dreams come true!
          Although I did not realize this until I was much older the book also taught me how to count, and learn the names of some fruits and vegetables. This book was also the first time I  learned that caterpillars will turn into butterflies. In future years when learning about metamorphosis I always remembered that very hungry caterpillar and how he turned into a beautiful butterfly!

No comments:

Post a Comment